Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hair Salon Chronicles - "Prayer of Petition"

Lately I've been blogging a lot from under the dryer. I'm starting to think that it's my place of solace and peace, where I find time to think AND blog :). 

Jerry Savelle really did a number with this book. If you don't know how to pray, need help with your prayers or feel as if your prayers are not being answered then this is a good book for you. It's a good book in general but definitely for prayer. 

I was called to read this book about two years ago in my intercessory class. I started it but never finished. I didn't know the depth of what it would entail and how much I would need the word, the instructions and the insight for TODAY in my life.  Often times the things we learn in the moment that we learn them are never for that moment but for a moment in time to come and that is why in "all you're getting, get an understanding" the Bible says. We must grasp hold of every life lesson so that we can apply it to our lives in time of need. 

I'm dealing with something very hard right now and I know that the only way out of this is through prayer and the supply of God's spirit. I know that I CANNOT overcome this without God and what He has done for me so far is giving me tools that I've always had (I.e I found this book in the trunk of my car *sigh) but He's giving me the things that I need to get through this. 

I encourage you today to seek God in the things that you need to get through your daily lives. Find out what it is that you need to make it through each day and instead of putting them "in the trunk of your car" I admonish you to utilize them the moment you receive them so that you can live a successful life EVER DAY!  
Be blessed! 


  


This is a true story......

No comments:

Post a Comment