Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Where the magic happens"



My oldest son turned 9 yesterday and I cry (like I do every year). He's so smart, witty, sensitive, emotional, mannerly (very much like me #Seriously). 
I remember giving birth to a baby that weighed 1 pound 15 ounces and watching him fight for his life in the hospital. I can so vividly remember the hands of God healed him, from the crown of his head, to the very soles of his feet. I look at him now and I think, how perfect is he?  
His eyes, his smile, his temperament, his skin, his hands, his fingers, his toes......he's all that I could ask for. 

So this year, he's going back to Disney World and I say back because he's been for his birthday three years ago as well but I think this year he'll understand and appreciate it more.  This made me think of Magic Kingdom and all the things "magical" that it portrays and promises us. It's so beautiful in how it was created and all that it offers and even in my adult years, visiting that place will make anyone feel like a Princess. 👑 

However, I'm in covenant with a God that promises more than magic, who shows more than dreams, who brings more to the table than characters.  This God who I am in relation with He heals, delivers, sets free, brings alive, He seperates you from the rest and calls me THE HEAD AND NOT THE TAIL. He blesses and when I'm broken He fixes me up and make me WHOLE! Everything about Him seems 'magical' but He's more than magic, He's real and as I sit here reminiscing on things that I've done so far, places I've been and my life as a whole I realized that no matter what the world promises me, I now know more than anything, not just a promise, but I know WHAT GOD HAS FOR ME AND WILL MANIFEST IN MY LIFE if I keep my side of the covenant that I have with Him. 
He is more than my Mickey Mouse, He is my EVERYTHING! And in Him, is where "The Reality" happens. 








This is a true story..........

No comments:

Post a Comment