Monday, March 7, 2016

No one left behind......

My newly turned 6 year old never fails to amaze me. He's witty, smart, full of love & life and is always the voice of reason so when he says things that aren't regular "6 year old" conversations I try to share them. 
I've told you guys in the past that we do everything together as a family: food shopping, clothes shopping, ice-cream, to the corner store, lol, I mean anything you can think of so its not strange when we get home for everyone to rush out of the car to get in the house and relax. I'm usually the last one to get out of the car and my husband is usually the first one to get to the door to open it and bring the bags in (I move really slow sometimes, depending on if I fell asleep during the car ride or not) and I'll take my time and walk in. I've noticed my 6 year old lingering around, waiting, for me, so most of the times I'll tell him, don't wait baby go in the house with daddy, mommy is on her way in.......however.....He still stands around and waits for me. 
A couple nights ago we went to dinner and when we got back home it was a similar routine, everyone rushing to get in the house but this time the baby was asleep so my husband took him out the car and rushed him in the house and out the cold. I told my 6 year old the same thing to go inside with daddy and this time without hesitation he looked at me, with so much passion and love in his eyes and said "mommy I'm not leaving you behind. I won't leave any of us behind."  Immediately tears welled up in my eyes, he said it was so much care and concern that it moved me to tears. All the love that I had for him tripled in that one moment. He struck a note in me that I didn't even know existed. He played the very thing that I needed to remind me that God has not forgotten me as He hasn't forgotten any of you. 

"God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change.”
2 Peter 3:8-9 MSG
http://bible.com/97/2pe.3.8-9.msg

I chose the "Message" version of that scripture because it made it so plain that God's hearts desire is for none of us to be lost or "left behind". He desires us to be with Him so that we can be saved from destruction. When I think about my baby and how his little heart couldn't bear to see me walking in by myself so he waited, no matter the weather, he waited. Whether it was warm or cold, rain or snow, sleet or hail, he would wait for me, just as God waits for you. 

God's desire (a strong feeling of wanting to have something) is for you to not perish but to be with Him where you are safe and away from harm. He desires for you to be in a better place so bad that no matter you've done, He still leaves room for you to repent and come home to him. 

If you are experiencing any type of turbulence today, maybe it's raining problems in your life or you are covered in a hail storm of bills or health issues or relationship issues.......I dare you to just look up and reach your hand towards him, press towards him and let him see that you cannot walk this walk alone and as He desires to walk with you, you too desire to go on your journey with Christ as your guide. 

You will not be left behind!!













This is a True Story.......

No comments:

Post a Comment