Monday, March 16, 2015

Underneath the dirt....

So as most of you know, I have three children, three boy children: 9,5, and 1 years old and to say they are all very different is, well an understatement. They are active, playful, loving, caring, sweet, inquisitive..........and gosh, they are all soooo cute (I know I know all moms feel that way but they really are😊).  
So if you are a parent of a boy child or have had brothers I'm sure you know they can get messy at times (not that girls don't but little boys enjoy dirt! Yikes). We are constantly cleaning up behind them and last night I think I had my breaking point. 
I ordered the two older ones to put every last toy in their toy box and pick up all the papers that they just had laying around. I went to get the extra dirt they left behind and for some strange reason I grabbed the broom instead of the vacuum and I began to sweep up dirt off their carpet.  Of course I had to work harder because sweeping is much more work than vacuuming but I did it. I used the little thing to pick up the dirt (forgot the name) and as I was sweeping the dirt into it, thinking to myself how annoying this was, I heard God say to me "This is what I do! I clean off the dirt from my people, no matter how much or hard it is so that the world can see the real them". 
I looked at the carpet and it almost looked new, the tiny specks of dirt that was left over was because the broom couldn't get into the very small parts, the vacuum would have been able to and I think that's how God works for us. 

When we give our lives to Him, He CLEANS US UP.  He vacuums our sins off of us and throws into in the sea of forgetfulness the same way a regular vacuum bag is thrown away when it has been used. I just sat there, speechless, marveling in what He said to me and feeling completely blessed all at the same time. 

There is a promise in the Bible that I LIVE by and recently I've been praying it more. In Psalms 23, David said "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me ALL the days of my life......" And that serves as a constant reminder that throughout the pain, the mistakes, the sins, throughout all of that, He still cleans us up and not only makes us presentable but He makes us representatives of Him on this earth. 
Underneath all the dirt lies children of the living God and if you are yet still to be cleaned I ask that today you go to Him, His vacuum has your name on it and He's more than ready to clean you up and make you His representative. 



This is a true story 

No comments:

Post a Comment