Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Like the weight on my shoulders..........prayer releases things

Lately it seems like my life has been a whirlwind of issues and of emotions. I have been hit left and right with what seemed like so much baggage. I feel like the woman in baggage claim at the airport, with her children, sitting and waiting for ALL the bags and as she grabs each one her arm weakens from the weight that's applied as she pulls them off the belt. 
It's hard being a woman and even harder being a woman that wears many hats and holds more than one titles.  

Very seldom do I cry when I write. Unless I am sharing my story or adding it to a piece of my work so writing this post and crying at the same time only means that I'm releasing those emotions of what has transpired in my life over the past few weeks. I encourage you as you read this, with whatever title you may hold or whatever hat you wear today to release the weight of what brings you to the point where you cannot seem to go on. Whatever your vice is (and I pray it is not drugs) use your vice to help release those things. Workout, go for a walk, shop, call up a friend BUT most of all pray! 
Today I am not feeling like myself but I wanted to pray for you and for me that the weight that so easily besets us would be released into the hands of the ONLY person that can fix it.....God himself!

Let's pray:

Father in the name of Jesus, I come bodily to your throne of grace today. I come asking for direction and guidance so that you can order my steps as you see how. I release the weight, the emotions and the cares of this world into your hands. I do this on the behalf of myself and everyone reading this. You see and know all things so I trust that you will fix what has been broken, you will resurrect what has died and you will replenish and restore all that we need to go forth in our lives. I declare peace into our hearts and into our homes. I command strength to over take us and grace to sufficiently guide us. Your love never fails so I rely on it today. Wrap your arms around us this evening Holy Spirit and comfort us so that we can be reminded to be still and know that God is God. Thank you for hearing this prayer. Thank you for moving on our behalves. Thank you for your forgiveness and your restoration. Thank you for being who you are because who you are is all that we need in Jesus name Amen! 









This is a true story.......


No comments:

Post a Comment