Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Seasons


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing. - 

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-5



I was sitting here thinking about Seasons and what it meant, how things have changed so drastically in my life in just a period of one year.  The first thing that came to mind was what the Bible said about Seasons and how there is a time for EVERYTHING under the sun and everything comes full circle.  I thought about my highs and then my lows and realized that the low is ofetn a prerequisite for the high.  It prepares you for what is to come, that next level, so that when you get there you are fully prepared (in most cases) to tackle what lies ahead.  

One of the lowest points in my life was watching my first born fight for his life for the first three months of his life in a Neonatal ICU (or NICU).  I gave birth to what looked like skin and bones.  We couldn't hold him for weeks because preemies are so sensitive that even the very touch could trigger something detrimental for them.  So I sat next to his incubator every day, I prayed, I cried, i wondered what he would be like if he was to grow up.  I wondered about the sound of his voice, the pitter patter of his little feet, the smell of breath, his touch, his kiss...........I wondered about all the things that I've seen all the new moms that I knew experienced but me.  I prepared myself for the worse because the doctors paint a very clear picture to you of all the things that will take place in your child's life because of the time that he was born (or now should i say, the season in which he was born).   I started thinking about therapy and delays, I thought about how he would develop socially, how his emotions would be affected by this prematurity and of course you know with that, I also started to blame myself.  For those three months, life stood still for me and this is coming from the same person who believed in the very God who could make all things possible.  In my heart I knew that but my flesh would not allow me to see pass what was in front of me.  So I built my faith up, I prayed more and I know that there people praying for him as well.  

Then one day I woke up, from what felt like a very long dream and there he was: He was walking, he was talking, he hugged me, he kissed me and he said "Mommy" way more than I expected.  This man child that I had given birth to, this man child that I had prayed for, God's gift to me, I woke up one day and there he was: Healed, restored, delivered and set free from the bondage of sin and death.   It was then that I was awakened to the "Seasons" that would take place in my life because 'To everything, there is a Season"

No comments:

Post a Comment