Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Unprecedented Act of Love.....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  - 1Corinthians 13


Whenever I think about 'Love' it always brings me to the Biblical explanation of Love. God speaks so purely of it and what it does and does not do. It ultimately seems flawless because it keeps no record of wrong doing and holds no grudges. That in itself goes against human nature because we are selfish creatures who places "I" before just about everything. However, thousands of years ago, the greatest act of love was displayed for the whole to see and to me it is the greatest love story ever told......"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16. God loved this world so much, with all it's flaws, disappointments and anguish that it caused Him, He still loved us so much that He made the ultimate sacrifice and gave His only son so that you and I might one day live.  What pain it must have caused Him to watch them torture the child that He created, that He fearfully and wonderfully made. Imagine your only child given up as a sacrifice so that someone else could live? 

That's the Unprecedented Act of Love, (Unprecedented - without previous instance; never before known or experienced; unexampled or unparalleled), it's something that is always new and like the definition says, never before experienced or known. 

Love is just that, it starts a anew everything. It erased, it we eradicates, it advocates, it renews and revives, it resurrect, it builds, it uplifts and upholds. None of what I just said was apart of the Biblical definition but it was still apart of love. Where there is love you cannot fail. I think of my love for my children and how twice in my life I faced death to give birth to them, yes twice. So that means that after the first time I actually went back and had another child who I suffered so badly after birth that I had a stroke that was designed to kill me. The doctors were in amazement that I lived through it but what they didn't know that what I experienced in that ICU was God's "Unprecedented Act of Love" for me. 

God wants to love you, He wants to show you how His love for you will change the very course of your destiny, it will catapult you from one realm of your life to the next. Where there is love, you can find Him and if you seek Him today, He will be there, waiting, just for you!!! 


                    This is a True Story......

No comments:

Post a Comment