Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Protection of the 91st Psalm

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. - Psalm 91: 1-4


I confess the 91st Psalms over my children as well as my husband and household daily, yes there are days when I forget but I try my hardest too because I understand the importance of keeping us protected and allowing God to do just that by confessing His word. 

These words could not be any more "truer" to me today as well it cannot be any more evident how faithful God is to His word because in the middle of the night my entire family could have been erased, my building could have blown up and this message would have never reached you.  Yesterday I walked out to the front of my building and was greeted by a Con Edison team working on something in front of the building. I noticed they were lifting up the gas gadget thing on the sidewalk but I didn't say anything because I figured my landlord (though a jerk) would definitely warn us if our lives were in danger. Later on that afternoon I was trying to cook and noticed that my stove would not light up. Shortly after the team of ConEdison workers knocked on our door to let us know that the gas would not be on for the rest of the night until they fixed the "leak."  Again, my landlord never called or warned any of us so when I  woke up this morning there was still no gas.  I ran into my neighbor who told me that someone reported the gas leak and basically what would have happened to us is the same thing that happened to the building on Park Ave in Harlem (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/nyregion/east-harlem-building-collapse.html?referrer=).  I almost choked on the air that I was breathing because all this time there was something happening that my landlord knew about and still never told us. We could have all died with no knowledge of what was really happening. 

But God............He is so very different. He stays true to who He is an weh He says that He will never leave us not forsake us, HE MEANS IT!!!!! The angels of God were on assignment over my household. They never left their post, they stood their ground and fulfilled what was required. When I plead the blood over my children and my husband, it went to work because wherever you apply the Blood of Jesus, HE MUST MANIFEST HIMSELF. How much greater can He be for us to recognize that He is truly ALL that we need? What greater love is there than this that He would stand for us even when we cannot stand for ourselves? 

I'm so very grateful today because this message could have died inside of me but God saw it fit that I still live to spread His word and it is very true that He kept me in His secret place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment