Monday, July 27, 2015

Are you answering to the right title?

Last night I was having one of those heart felt conversations with my husband and I can't really remember the exact question that I asked and he responded "well baby you are a Housewife now..." 

*Gasp* 
*clutches pearls* 
*deep sigh* 

Sir....WHAT??? 
HOW? 
And WHEN did I become that? Did I ask you for that title? *laughs hysterically*  but seriously I did not and now I feel as if I have this title that I now must live up to (sidebar: I was very content with just being a mother and a wife to be honest). 


Here's the thing, I enjoy being home with my boys. I mean, who doesn't want to have the opportunity to raise their children without the worry of going to work everyday!? I've had the opportunity to stay home, at minimum, for the first year of their lives until I went back to work but with the baby I've been home 20 months now and it has been way more harder than I expected to find a job and at times down right depressing BUT I've decided to stop complaining and let God have his way. 

So to my surprise, I have this new title, that I did not ask for, and I'm not sure what to say about it. Like do I live up to this Housewife title, who according to Wikipedia is: "a woman whose main occupation is running or managing her family's home—caring for and educating her children, cooking and storing food, buying goods the family needs in day-to-day life, cleaning and maintaining the home, making clothes for the family, etc.—and who is generally not employed"......... Or do I demand my right to my own title: to be a partial stay home mom who lives off of Starbucks and gawks at her children all day (lol) and partial 'Mini Mogul in the Making?" 

Of course I would choose the latter but honestly I am living all three: Housewife, stay home mom that gawks at her kids and Mini Mogul in the Making. 
The thing that troubled me, however, was the title that I was given without my knowledge of it and it made me think about other titles that we've "allowed" people to give us that aren't really who we are. Titles that push us back, like: failure, has been, worthless, lazy...etc (typing that started depressing me) so imagine what it does to your spirit when you actually hear those words spoken about you. To realize that this is what someone classifies you as and knowing deep in your heart that's not who you are. 

So I ask you today.......what title have you allowed to be placed on you that does not speak of you and what are you doing to change that? 
Will you take on the title of your birthright and allow the ones given to you by God himself to reshape and recreate who you really are? 
He has called you "Prosperous, Blessed, Wonderful, trustworthy, Heir to the throne, The apple of His eye, the salt of the earth...." Will you allow those titles to minister to your spirit and awaken the true you? Won't you allow it today? 





This Is a True Story....

No comments:

Post a Comment