Sunday, July 20, 2014

15 Days of Prayer

About two weeks ago there was a "Gospel Challenge" on Facebook where singers and non singers would be tagged in a post (most likely by their friends) and they would have to create a video singing their favorite gospel song.  Some of the videos were funny, some cute but all of them was a true indicator that despite your talents not being ashamed of the gospel of Christ was the goal (well to me anyway).  I respected the people who participated and then................for some strange reason........... a friend of mine tagged me!! Now if you know me, you know I cannot sing nor do I even have rhythm which means I cannot dance or catch the beat to clap along to most songs (I clap anyway lol!).

So the encouragement started and then my mentor post a comment and said well just do a prayer but do the challenge.  At the time she said to post a prayer I had already did the song (egaddsssss) but I did.
I loved the idea because I was more confident in my ability to pray than my ability to sing, so I did a video praying, for everything that came out of my spirit.  When I finished the video, for some reason, I felt free...............I don't know why or how but I felt free!

My friends started to comment, encouraging me for stepping out on faith and accepting the challenge and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I could only thank God for that.  Seriously, it was Him! People began to share the video to their pages and the responses were alarming.  I was speechless!

Tonight as I was in the bathroom, I thought about the challenge and I heard in my spirit, do a #15DaysOfPrayer................... Though I am nervous as all outside, I am going to start the challeneg tomorrow and I am going to pray everyday on Facebook for the next 15 days.  I need somethings in my life to be broken and I know that only God can do it.  I know this is way out of my comfort zone but what great success ever came from anyone's 'Comfort Zone?'

I dont know what God is 'Challenging' you to do today but I encourage you to step out on faith and do it! Step out of what is comfortable and do what is right because at the end of your comfort zone lies your ability to FLY!!!!



This is a True Story.............

No comments:

Post a Comment